INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
The art of Indian Head Massage originated from Ayurveda, an ancient Indian system of medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years. Indian Head Massage is a form of relaxation massage that focuses on the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms. It works on the areas of the body that are most affected by stress, however while the treatment is just on the upper part of the body it's effects are felt throughout the mind and body. It is very relaxing and has a balancing effect on the recipient as it helps to release stress and tension creating a sense of peace and well-being.
Some possible benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Improved blood circulation increasing oxygen supply to the brain
- Relaxes tense, uncomfortable muscles and breaks down knots in muscle tissues
- Calms, revitalizes and uplifts the spirit
- Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
- Helps to dissipate mental tiredness, stress and depression resulting in greater mental alertness
- Promotion of hair growth
- Can create a more balanced state of being and balancing of the chakras
What to expect
The recipient will be comfortably seated in a chair, fully clothed, in a relaxing atmosphere. The practitioner will massage the scalp, neck, face, shoulders, upper back and upper arms. The treatment is done on dry hair, with the option to receive an oil treatment for no additional fee.