AYURVEDIC FOOT MASSAGE
The art of Ayurvedic Foot Massage has its roots in Ayurveda and includes a combination of various massage and Reflexology techniques, Kasa bowl work and Marma Therapy. The use of oils with a Kasa bowl (small metal bowl) will encourage detoxification and balancing. Caring for the feet in the Ayurvedic form of foot massage is beneficial to the entire body. An Ayurvedic Foot Massage relaxes the nervous system, balances energy, relieves pain, and increases blood and lymph circulation. It helps with the detoxification of the body and will also help to bring about an improvement in physical and emotional ailments.
Some possible benefits of Ayurvedic Foot Massage
- Helps detoxify internal organs, releases and eliminates stored wastes and toxins
- Helps release stored negative emotions
- Induces sound sleep
- Calms the mind and body, eases fatigue
- Improves condition of ligaments and muscles of the lower limbs
- Increases strength and stamina of lower limbs
- Removes energy blockages and increases/rebalances energy flow
What to expect
The recipient is comfortably lying down on a massage table, fully clothed, in a relaxing atmosphere. The practitioner will work mainly on the feet and legs but a few techniques will be used on the arms and hands to help create a relaxing full body experience. Massage, Reflexology, Marma points and Kasa bowl techniques will be used with oil.